Driving Enterprise Success through Omni-Channel Customer Experience
Nitin Chowdhary , 1 days ago, 5 min read
Enterprises have to constantly keep an eye on evolving user preferences in terms of their preferred channels. This reduces friction and maximizes inclusion when engaging with customers.
Once upon a time, customers expected to physically visit a business to get service. However, today the expectation of the customer is to be engaged via channels such as telephone, SMS, chat, email and more recently Whatsapp. Research from PwC, Twilio and Hubspot shows that there is significant differences between age groups –
- Millennials prefer newer communication modes
- GenX and Baby Boomers prefer older modes
Technology change provides another big opportunity to improve engagement with customers. Recently, Google launched RCS (Rich Communications Services) in partnership with MNOs in multiple markets as an alternative to SMS and Whatsapp. While still being adopted, RCS can deliver up to 10X higher engagement and 2 way communication (similar to Whatsapp for Business) to enterprises.
Furthermore, surveys indicate that customers who engage with brands across multiple channels are likely to spend more and be more loyal compared to single-channel customers. This underscores the value of providing a consistent and integrated omni-channel experience to cater to the preferences and behaviors of diverse customer segments.
Enterprises can use the following to improve omni-channel customer experience –
- Separation of Data & Channels: Create a CDP/CRM that holds customer data.
- Personalization and Targeting: Utilize this customer data to personalize communication across channels e.g. offers based on individual preferences.
- Seamless Integration: Ensure seamless integration and continuity across channels e.g. continuation of a conversation across messaging channels.
- Interactive Engagement: Leverage the interactive features of messaging channels like RCS, WhatsApp, and Messenger to create engaging and interactive experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Data Analytics and Insights: Invest in robust data analytics tools to gather insights into customer behavior and preferences across channels, enabling continuous optimization of omni-channel strategies.
- Proactive Customer Support: Simply adding channels is not enough. Inquiries and issues raised by customers should be solved in a timely manner.
Times Mobile’s cPaaS platform enables multiple channels such as SMS, RCS, Whatsapp, Voice, Email etc. It also has the ability to generate custom analytics such as identifying multi-channel customers e.g. a segment that responds to SMS during the day and to Whatsapp in the evening.
If you would like to speak to us to design a winning omni-channel customer experience that drives user retention and revenue growth, please click here +91 9654491556 to Whatsapp us.
© 2023 Times Mobile /